List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] DMA and RTLinux
From:       "Edgar F. Hilton" <efh4v () virginia ! edu>
Date:       1998-12-23 21:31:01

Has anybody has success using DMA transfers in RTLinux?

If so, could you please send me the relevant snippet(s) from your code?

I am needing to transfer data to and from A/D and D/A cards from within
RTlinux. However, I am finding that each inw/inb/outb call has
(relatively speaking) a huge overhead with respect to the rest of my
code. So, I am trying to free up the CPU so that I will be able to
maintain high throughput.

Unfortunately, my DMA code does not seem to work, and I am trying to
figure out if it is my code, the cards, or the cards' documentation.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

-- Edgar