List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] Problems with stopping RTL-task
From:       "S.Raaijmakers" <sander () mi ! el ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1998-12-15 9:20:16

Hello,

I have the following problem: sometimes when I have read data from my
RTL-FIFO and stopped it, my read()-process blocks. I have tried
preventing the blocking by putting some extra code after my data to let
the reading program know there is no more useful information coming, so
it can quit reading (End Of Data-code).
To clarify, here is some pseudo of the way I implemented it:

write(control_fifo, START_TASK);

do_something();

write(control_fifo,STOP_TASK); /*the fifo is filled with data and should
now put the EOD-code behind the data*/

while ( (mycounter < SIZEOF_DATA_FIFO) && (DATAREAD != EOD))
 {
     read(data_fifo, DATAREAD);
      mycounter++;
 }

I am using RTLinux 0.6 on a 2.0.34 kernel under slackware.
If anyone has any ideas I would be happy to know.

Sander Raaijmakers