List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: [rtl] Source for un-archived source on Web
From:       Andrew Cannon <ajc () gmx ! net>
Date:       1998-10-31 10:57:59

At 18:07 30/10/98 -0700, Ken Gibson wrote:
>Is un-archived source available on the net?  I want to download it to a
>Windows PC and have not found a utility that can un-tar the releases.

Ken,

You can open a tar archive with Winzip <http://www.winzip.com/>.

However the problem may be that you have downloaded the archive in ascii
mode, which results in <0x0a> characters in the file being turned into
<0x0a><0x0d>. Needless to say the archive is then useless.
I experienced this problem with Netscape (4.05) and could find no way of
making it do a binary transfer. I was forced to the loathsome expedient of
using IE to do the download (which worked).

Maybe that will help...
...ajc