List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: rt_process.o: unresolved symbol __builtin_vec_new ... what i
From:       "Ian Ridley" <iridley () ingenico ! com ! au>
Date:       1998-03-20 3:10:33

Daniele Lugli wrote:
> Till Christian Siering wrote:
> >
> > Anyway I would appreciate some more basic discussions on the mailing list
> > instead of emails about where to get some hardware or "commercial OS can
> > do this - why can't RT-Linux" or "I don't like the Web Pages" or "My
> > variant of RT-Linux can do this and that". To me it seems that there
> > are just a few people contributing something (no matter if it is of any
> > use) and sarcastic comments about basic questions will hold others back from
> > contributing ideas or code. I have no idea how to solve this problem
> > except just to ignore such emails.
>
> I agree with you about the fact that sarcastic comments are of no
> help, but I don't agree about your other opinions (how could I? I am
> the author of some messages of the kind you list).

As use of and interest in RT Linux is growing, it might become more
practical to have more than one mailing list. This could be one way
of clearing up some of the problems Till (and no doubt other as well)
find anoying. With several lists, it could be pssible to dedicate one
to purely development issues another list for general help
(especially needed for new comers), and so on. Of course this would
stop people posting to the wrong list, but the consistant offenders
could simply be kicked off for a while until they cool down.
Regards,

Ian Ridley
mailto:iridley@ingenico.com.au