List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [Rtl] can i use linux pci library in a RT-driver ?
From:       "pm.boyer" <pm.boyer () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-04-23 8:21:57

Hi !

I am trying to bearn a linux pci driver to RTLinux.
This driver is es1371.c : a linux driver for a pci sound card,
( Ensonic Sound Blaster PCI 128 ).
But when i use this driver from a RT-thread, the RT-thread and all
the system block.

In the driver, i have replaced all the linux calls by the equivalent
RT-calls, but not for the specific pci functions :
   pci_present() , pci_find_device(), pci_read_config_byte() , pci_set_master() )
nor for DMA/PCI function : pci_alloc_consistent()
and nor for memory : virt_to_page() , mem_map_reserve() .

May be this is the reason why my driver don't work ?

Is some one can tell me if i can use this functions inside RTLinux ?

Thank you.

BPM