List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: [Rtl] how high the output frequency can achieve in RTLinux
From:       Der Herr Hofrat <der.herr () hofr ! at>
Date:       2005-02-13 8:17:49

> Hello,everybody!
> Now I'm trying using RTLinux to output some sigals.I wonder how high the output \
> frequency can achieve if I use RTLinux(All other factors are ignored)!Maybe you \
> have some idea.Any suggestion will be appreciated!Thanks! Erik

On SMP systems you can get very high frequencies - on a 400MHz dual-Celeron I
use here I can get a 200kHz signal out to the parallel-port, on a 200MHz PPro-SMP it \
can reach almost the same frequency. With the reserved CPU you should be  able to do \
200kHz on SMP and posibly more (did not check this on anything newer than a \
SMP-celeron).

hofrat