List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [Rtl] RTLinux+Debian+VMWare
From:       ASergievskiy () computel ! ru
Date:       2004-11-30 7:45:12

Please help!

I tried to use RTLinux in the following configuration:
1. VMWare Workstation 4.0.1 build 5289, host machine is Windows XP, Intel
Celeron
2. Virtual machine is Debian GNU/Linux sarge, kernel 2.4.24, rtlinux patch
2.4.24 from ftp://ftp.rtlinux.at/pub/rtlinux/contrib/hofrat applied
3. RTLinux 3.2 pre 3 from ftp://ftp.rtlinux.at/.../contrib

Configured, compiled linux kernel ok. (No SMP, no APIC support)
Rebooted, accepted default linux configuration
make xconfig, make dep, make, make install when ok with a few warnings(no
errors)

Then trying to run 'make regression', got: rtl test ok, then virtual
machine hangs (on reboot fsck report file system errors)

Then I tried to load modules mainually in this sequence:
1. 'insmod mbuff' says module will taint the kernel (then i found that
2. 'insmod rtl' - loads ok
3. 'insmod rtl_time' hangs up virtual machine

Please tell me, whta may be the cause of hang up when loading rtl_time and
how can i fix it?
And how can i do some trace/debug in this situation?