List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: [rtl] Newer Linux versions
From:       Erwin Rol <erwin () muffin ! org>
Date:       2002-03-31 11:04:46

On Sun, 2002-03-31 at 06:41, Michael Barabanov wrote:
> Erwin Rol (erwin@muffin.org) wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 20:44, yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:
> > > 	The 2.4 kernel is still shaky. Our commercial version went to
> > > 	2.4 _way_ too early and with a huge effort we have stable 2.4.16
> > > 	in the Pro tree. For the GPL tree, we have continued to hope
> > > 	that 2.4 would stabilize and continued to post contributed patches
> > > 	until that time.
> >
> > Wouldn't a patch to the kernel always be under the GPL license ? So
> > where can ppl download the stable 2.4.16 kernel patch, or is the patch
> > under a "kind of but not really GPL license" ?
>
> I suggest you re-read the GPL.

Oh due to circumstances and my work on some "other" projects i have read
it more than is good for me.

So since ppl that have those GPL sources (bought or not) are free to
redistribute it, i would ask ppl that have them to just post them here,
that way ppl that can't spend that much money also will have a stable
kernel patch.

- Erwin

> Michael.

> To unsubscribe:
> --
> For more information on Real-Time Linux see:
> http://www.rtlinux.org/

http://www.rtlinux.org/