List:       linux-rt
Subject:    RE: [rtl] PC/104 Pentium Class CPU Board Recommendations
From:       Robert Schwebel <robert () schwebel ! de>
Date:       2002-02-27 14:37:04

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Chandu Reddy K - CTD, Chennai. wrote:
> Could u please tell, whats's the problem with National Geode chip.

Some modern combinations of CPU/Chipset/BIOS seem to show bus locks which
last much longer than the "normal" latency. On my laptop (SIS900 chipset)
for example the average latency is about 30 µs, whereas once in a while
there is a timer tick which is about 600 ms (sic!).

If you want to test your hardware you can for example use the buslock
utility from RTAI (no idea if RTL has something similar).

Robert
http://www.rtlinux.org/