List:       linux-router
Subject:    Re: [LRP] Openssh.lrp (V 2.9p1) available
From:       Ewald Wasscher <ewald.wasscher () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-05-29 17:20:41

John wrote:

>Did you statically link libcrypto & libssl?

Yes he did. Actually it's only linked with libcrypto, not with libssl.

>I'm working on a
>firewall/interface management project that will use openssl for its
>remote command channel.  An openssl.lrp would save some space if there are
>a number of packages that use it.

That was my thought too. I would make it two packages: libcrypto.lrp and
libssl.lrp as openssh doesn't need libssl.

>Don't do it for my benefit, I can do this myself if necessary.  I do think
>that the availability of shared openssl libs would promote the development
>of other SSL based services.  (hmm... weblet-ssl ;-)

I was thinking about that too. Acme's mini_httpd (the brother/sister of
thttpd and micro_httpd) uses openssl and might be a good choice for this.

Ewald Wasscher