List:       linux-router
Subject:    RE: [LRP] Eigerstein VPN-Masq & Checkpoint SecureClient
From:       "Mountcastle, John" <John.Mountcastle () hmshost ! com>
Date:       2001-05-29 2:38:17

Thanks Chuck, as someone has observed, your reply does look very helpful.

Mostly it serves to get me back on track. What you suggested should work, I
know, it does work, right. Actually may I suggest, if you don't need the
ipfwd commands, take them out. Otherwise, I found, every time you do an "svi
network ipfilter reload" they get doubled up. That can't be good. I think it
is legitimate to put the

$IPCH -A input -p udp -s 0/0 -d $EXTERN_IP 500 -i $EXTERN_IF

into network.conf by appending it to $EXTERN_UDP_PORTS, that's the way I am
trying to do it, anyway.

So anyway, still no Joy. It may be significant that I am working with FW-1 v
4.0 while you have v 4.1. It may also be significant that I just got an
email from the guy who was supposed to set :userc_NAT (true) and
:user_IKE_NAT (true). The problem may be on that end. Here's hoping.

Thanks for your comments, I'll keep you posted.

If anyone has any experience with SecureRemote against FW-1 v 4.0, I'd love
to hear about it. Various docs say it can be made to work in various ways
but, so far, you can't prove it by me.

John