List:       linux-router
Subject:    [LRP] Need help: How do I backup new device node entries in /dev?
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () obviously ! COM>
Date:       2000-12-08 2:49:51

Stupid question with a simple answer, no doubt:

I need to make a few new "devices" in /dev.  I'm doing
this with the "/dev/MAKEDEV" script from RedHat.

The new devices work just fine, until I reboot, then
they're gone.  How do I make them permanent under LRP?

	-Bryce

PS: Specifically, these are the audio related devices,
"MAKEDEV audio".  I need /dev/audio and /dev/sndstat.