List:       linux-router
Subject:    Re: [LRP] PPTP Through LRP?
From:       "John D. Hardin" <jhardin () wolfenet ! com>
Date:       1999-05-04 16:08:16

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Chris Murray wrote:

> The LRP box has two interfaces, a 192.168.10.x addy (Internal
> network) and a 24.222.3.x addy (Cable modem connection).  I've
> successfully redirected FTP, WWW, SMTP, and POP3 to internal
> machines via ipportfw.  I've recently been asked to establish a PPTP
> connection to one of our servers over the internet.  How would I
> configure PPTP to come into the network?  Going out should be fine,
> but I don't know if there would be special requirements for this...

The VPN Masq info is at
ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html

I've heard that the earlier PPTP patch is part of the LRP kernel, but
I haven't verified it myself. I've also not seen that anyone has
described how to set it up under LRP, but it should be possible.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardin@wolfenet.com
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5