List:       linux-router
Subject:    [LRP] More PPP questions
From:       Leo Cyr <lcyr () hereintown ! net>
Date:       1999-05-04 14:17:13

Hey all,

I didn't get a respones to an earlier post, so I'll ask again:

has anyone:

	1) recompiled pppd and ppp.o with the active-filter option
support?  Was it sucessfull?  Any tips you can give?
	2) does anyone know what keeps the ppp link up longer than the
idle timeout that is specified in the options file?  I've tested linux
routers with no LAN and the ppp connection still stays up -- I know there
was no LAN traffic destined for the net that was keeping it up.

TIA

Leo

---
Linux Router Project -- http://www.linuxrouter.org/