List:       linux-router
Subject:    [LRP] Help with eth1 on Dachstein machine
From:       "Greg DeKubber" <SuperKubb () home ! com>
Date:       2001-11-27 1:52:45

Hello,

I am trying to set up a router for my @Home cable modem.  I am using =
dachstein-rc2-1680 image.  I am using a 200MHz Packard Bell with a =
Intellinet 8139c and a Netgear FA310 PCI NIC.  I added 8139too.o to =
modules and uncommented pci-scan and tulip, edited dhclient to a a =
hostname, backed the disk and power-cycled the machine.  Eth0, the =
Intellinet card, seems to be working fine.  The router acquired a DHCP =
lease without a problem.  The problem is with Eth1.  The tulip module =
seems to load fine (which seems to be a requirement for the DHCP server =
to start), but when I add machines to the internal network, they won't =
recognize the router.  I have tried obtaining an IP address =
automatically, as well as setting up the machine manually.  But the =
internal machines won't recognize the router.  How can I solve this =
problem?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg