List:       linux-renesas-soc
Subject:    Re: Condor doesn't work on Linus/master
From:       Geert Uytterhoeven <geert () linux-m68k ! org>
Date:       2022-09-30 8:30:59

Hi Morimoto-san,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 4:32 AM Kuninori Morimoto
<kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com> wrote:
> I noticed that Condor doesn't work on linus/master branch.
> It have worked at least v5.19 kernel.

Works fine for me on the Condor in Magnus' farm:

    / # uname -r
    6.0.0-rc7-rcar3-initrd-00132-g987a926c1d8a
    / # for i in machine family soc_id revision; do echo -n "$i: ";
cat /sys/devices/soc0/$i; done
    machine: Renesas Condor board based on r8a77980
    family: R-Car Gen3
    soc_id: r8a77980
    revision: ES1.1

What's happening for you?

> I tried git-bisect, but couldn't find the issue.
> Because it will keep getting compilation errors along the way.
>
> For example below commit can't compile,
> and I'm not sure which patch can solve the issue.
>
>         99f6b77f74c88ac1bc4c81e089dd0cbbf882aea6

That commit is building fine for me, both using a custom config and
a config derived from renesas-defconfig.
Which compile error are you seeing?
What is your config?

I'll send you my .config by private email.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds