List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Newbie Raid0 & Raid1 Question
From:       "D. Wade" <wade () onramp ! net>
Date:       1998-01-26 10:53:40

I have two  small SCSI disks running RAID1, and so am getting "dangerous".

What my question is, should I be able to do the following with little
effort for a
home-grown server.

    PentiumPro 200Mhz , RedHat 5.0, 2.0.32.
    Two 4.3 GB SCSI-2 Seagates (w/50 to 68 pin adapters) running RAID1
        to hold database and CGI executables.
    Two 4.3 GB SCSI-3 IBMs running RAID0 for files.

That is, I want mirroring for system and executables (RAID1) and RAID0 to
simple hold files as a simulated 8.6 GB "disk".  Can the two types of
RAID's
run independently?

Thanks,
Donovan Wade