List:       linux-raid
Subject:    RAID SuperBlock
From:       Rob Hagopian <hagopiar () vuser ! vu ! union ! edu>
Date:       1998-01-23 4:52:57

I'd just like to take this time to sing the praises of the RAID superblock
and its creators.

We just had a controller fail here (1 of 3). All it took was moving drives
to another controller and making sure IDs were all unique and termination
was correct. The RAID code worked beautifully in adding the drives in the
correct order (I thought I'd had them correct, but I guess not!).

This was the one thing that worked right in a night of bad things (it's
real tough when a machine takes 45min to come back up, only to crash
again!), MANY thanks!
								-Rob H.