List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Re: Partition table disappearing
From:       Rob Hagopian <hagopiar () vuser ! vu ! union ! edu>
Date:       1997-10-03 4:08:40

I just tried it on a whole bunch of drives:
1 4G Caviar on a Dual PPro did show what you described
2 4G Caviars on a P120 did NOT show what you described (1 was created with
  the exact same commands as the one on the PPro)
9 SCSI drives (only one partition on each though) did NOT show any
  problems
3 IDE drives smaller than 500MB

I believe that the problem may be something to do with LBA and conflicting
schemes of accessing large drives.
								-Rob H.