List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Re: Need Help for Raid Recovery
From:       Wols Lists <antlists () youngman ! org ! uk>
Date:       2017-09-28 15:08:42

On 28/09/17 06:31, Xuesong LU wrote:
> Thank Wol and Hank anyway for the reply:)

This has now been written up on the raid wiki :-)

In the "When things go wrogn" section, I've added a new page "Easy
Fixes". It's meant for all those little things where the experienced
sysadmin will go "not again, click click click, fixed", while the newbie
will panic "My array's disappeared, help, the world's imploded".

At the end of the day, when things go wrong it usually is just a little
glitch that experience can solve in seconds, and this page is meant for
passing that knowledge on.

I've also added a section about making sure your controller card is
compatible with your drives :-) (ServeRAID-BR10i (LSI SAS1068E) strageness)

Cheers,
Wol