List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Installing Linux directly onto RAID6 Array...........
From:       Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm ! pp ! se>
Date:       2015-05-27 4:59:17

On Tue, 26 May 2015, Wols Lists wrote:

> And you're wasting a lot of disk space. What's important to you (that a
> live swap disk shouldn't fail) is not important to me and doesn't seem
> to be important to Another Sillyname.

I am not so sure. He seems to want "maximum resiliance", or at least
that's what he's saying.

> I don't know why Another Sillyname wants to chain his swap partitions,
> but it's his choice. Maybe like me, his system gets rebooted a couple of
> times a day, and failure to start is a far more real risk than failure
> in use. He's running Fedora - that seems likely then ...

Yes, it's his choice, but he should also make this choice understanding
what he's doing, so it's an informed and corrent choice. When I read his
postings, I am not so sure this is the case.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se