List:       linux-raid
Subject:    How many disks per SATA-II bus?
From:       Bruce Miller <subscribe () brmiller ! ca>
Date:       2008-01-29 18:25:35

The beginning of Section 4 of the Linux Sotfware-RAID-HOWTO
states emphatically that "you should only have one device per
IDE bus. Running disks as master/slave is horrible for
performance. IDE is really bad at accessing more that one drive
per bus".

Do the same cautions apply to building a RAID array using
SATA-II disks?

--
Bruce Miller
Ottawa ON, Canada