List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Drives of same model in RAID 1/10 ?
From:       Mark Hellman <markhellman () techie ! com>
Date:       2006-07-24 18:46:21

I am in the process of deciding which SATA-II drives should I choose for an
external RAID system. I heard that it was safer to choose drives from
different manufacturers to reduce the chance of near-simultaneous failure
due to model-specific issues.
Is this so?
And are there other potential problems related with choosing drives from
different manufacturers?

Mark

-