List:       linux-ppp
Subject:    Re: Flow when PPPD call VJ compression
From:       Haipeng Jin <haipengj () qualcomm ! com>
Date:       2003-11-06 16:51:06

ppp encapsulation and compression part is implemented in the driver code in
the kernel. Check out ppp.c or ppp_generic.c under linux/drivers/net/ in
the linux source tree. In the ppp_send_frame and ppp_receive_frame
functions (I could be wrong on the name), the VJ compress functions are
called if it is enabled and if the received/transmitted packets are IP
packets. These are the kernel module part.

I don't think pppd program calls VJ directly. pppd basically implements the
LCP and IPCP related part. VJ options is negotiated when you start pppd,
you can check out the related code in ipcp.c and sys-linux.c.

Hope this helps.

Haipeng