List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: In which package is hwclock?
From:       "R. R. Hirtler" <hirtler () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-08-31 17:17:32

And it came to pass that Andreas Tobler proclaimed:

> Then you may have a look here:
> http://www.linuxppc.com/support/updates/product/archive.php3?category=2000&sub
> ject=hwclock

Thanks for your help, Andreas.  This indeed did the trick:

    echo "/sbin/clock -s" > /sbin/hwclock
    chmod +x /sbin/hwclock

However, I found that I needed to perform 'clock -a' first (-a sets the CMOS
clock, while in the process adjusting for systematic error; it then writes
back to the CMOS).  Otherwise my clock would have remained four hours behind
local time.

Thanks again!

-Ric*
-----
Not everything that can be counted counts,
and not everything that counts can be counted.  - Albert Einstein

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/