List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: problem loading php under apache
From:       Jen Griffin <jen_griffin () mac ! com>
Date:       2000-08-31 11:08:30

On 8/30/00 5:52 AM, Brent Deverman <deverman@msu.edu> wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting php (version 3 or 4) to load under my
> installation of Linux PPC 2000. After I change the apache configuration file
> to load the modules, I get the following error:
>
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_php.s into server:
> /etc/httpdmodules/modphp.so: undefined symbol: gdImageCreateFromGif
>
> Before this error I had been getting an error similar but complaining that
> libgd.so.1 was missing.
>
> I tried to remedy this by installing the gd-181-2.ppc.rpm. The missing
> library is now there but there seems to be some version issues or something.

Yeah, if I recall correctly the version you need is 1.3 or so.  Actually I
think the one that came on the CD is fine.  The issue is that because of
CompuServe GIF copyright issues they took GIF support out of the gd library
and expect people to use PNG instead.  PHP still uses GIF so you need the
older version.

> And another issue, I can't get the latest php 4.0.2 source to compile. It
> stops with the error message:
>
> zend_hash.c: In function 'zend_hash_add_or_update':
> zend_hash.c:257: 'LONG_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Anyone know why? I had to resort to php4 rpms to get it installed which I
> think it did but when I do the rpm -q php it says my version is
> php-3.0.12-6. I chose to install 4 instead of upgrade. Could that be why?

I can't help you with the compile error but I do know that when I installed
PHP 4 from RPM it didn't upgrade PHP 3 so I also ended up with both
installed.  I think the right thing to do in that case is uninstall PHP 3
before installing PHP 4.  Make sure to make a backup copy of your php3.ini
file if you changed anything.

--Jen

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/