List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Samba/win98 network printing....
From:       Jeremy Knope <swttiggr2 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-01-31 19:47:52

I'm wondering if someone can help me out here...
I'm trying to print to my roommate's computer's
printer(HP Deskjet 712C) using samba networking.
basically i do smbclient on his puter and everything
is there... the printer... so i use the control panel
and printer configuration and add the printer.
samba/win98 networking printer.  so i fill nescary
info... and try test ASCII page.
the printer grabs a piece of paper... and a .dll
file(hpfpem13 i think does a illegal operation on his
computer) and nothing prints.  i was wondering what
might cause this, ie the input filter in printer
config in linux... there isn't a HP deskjet 700
series.. only 500,600,800. would that effect it? if
anybody know this would greatly help
  -jeremy

=====
|        Jeremy T. Knope          |