List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: A reply from Loki regarding Heros... :(
From:       John L Grantham <jgrantha () hannover ! sgh-net ! de>
Date:       2000-01-31 13:25:47

On 31.1.00 1:55 pm, Michael Coyle at coyle@ResExcellence.com was inspired
to say:

>From: Kayt Sorhaindo <sigyn@lokigames.com>
>To: "Michael Coyle" <coyle@ResExcellence.com>
>
>>I was anxious to download the demo of Hero III, but was disappointed
>>there was no LinuxPPC version.
>
>Thank you for your interest.
>
>We strive to provide PPC versions whenever possible.
>However, we are having difficulty with the networking cross-platform,
>so don't have plans at this time to release it for PPC.

I recently posted a message to linuxppc-dev about this very problem. I
was talking with Scott Draeker (president of Loki) on the phone--I
freelance with them--and the subject of continuing to support PPC came
up, but they simply have a lack of people to concentrate on it.

Loki is definitely looking for people to help out on the PowerPC versions
of their games, but they just don't have the people to do it right now.

If you're a Linux developer, are interested in working with Loki and
making sure games continue to come out for PPC, then drop a line to
info@lokigames.com or sigyn@lokigames.com, or contact me and I'll forward
your e-mail to the right people.

The point is that Loki _wants_ to support PPC, but can't, or is having a
very hard time doing so...if you can lend a hand, please do so. (And buy
Loki games, of course!)

cya

John

---

John Grantham | Freelance Graphic and Web Designer

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/