List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    NFS hangs upon startup w/o nameserver
From:       Albrecht =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dre=DF?= <ad () mpifr-bonn ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-01-31 13:11:06

Hi all!

I use LinuxPPC with a self-built 2.2.14pre9 kernel on several powerbooks.  If I
use the PB without connection to the network (and therefore without access to
the nameserver), nfs startup and shutdown will "hang" for a quite long time, and
I think this is due to the missing/unaccessible nameserver.  Is there a way to
lower this timeout?  I think changing /etc/host.conf and /etc/resolv.conf every
time is not the proper way...

Thanks, Albrecht.

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/