List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    pilot-xfer problem
From:       Lem Meador <lem () cimedia ! com>
Date:       2000-01-14 23:41:11

I'm trying to get pilot-xfer (to use with jpilot) to sync up to my Palm
Pilot. The problem is that the pilot can't communicate with the desktop
via pilot-xfer.

bash $ /usr/local/bin/pilot-xfer /dev/ttyS0 -l
Waiting for connection on /dev/ttyS0 (press the HotSync button now)...

I press the hotsync button and nothing. The pilot times out waiting for
the connection. I get the same response when I try syncing from within
jpilot.

I've have /dev/ttyS0 set with 666 perms.

bash $ ls -l /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw-rw-   1 lmeador  tty        4,  64 May  5  1998 /dev/ttyS0

The pilot syncs on the MacOS side with no problems, so I have a high
level of confidence about the mechanics of the cradle and the pilot
itself.

Obviously, I'm stumped. Suggestions?

Further info:
kernel: 2.2.14pre9