I figure I would pass this message on for those interested in doing a bit (well lots) of compiling/rebuilding of KDE 2. I've done it once, and aren't partially eager to do it again. Christopher Molnar wrote: > > If finally figured the RPM's out and as promised have made the binaries for > KDE2Pre-alpha available in this manner. These where built based upon the CVS > Snapshot as of 6:00am EST on 1-13-2000. > > I will not be making any new packages available for 2 weeks. Count on the > next set at the end of the month. > > The RPM's are available at: > > ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2 > > At the same location are also updated versions of the *.tar.gz to represent > the 1-13-2000 snapshot. > > If you use the RPM's please make sure you have qt-copy installed someplace > and you will need to use the "--nodeps" flag for all the packages and the > "--force" flag for kdeadmin and kdegraphics. (The rpm's are looking for a qt > library and since you didn't install qt through an rpm it can't find it.). > > I do not, and most likely will not, have an rpm created for qt-copy. Please > use the tar.gz that is available. > > This version of KDE2-prealpha will isntall in /opt/kde2. > > I have tested these RPM's here (I am writing this on the install) but would > appreciate knowing if others where able to install them and use them. > > Have at 'em and have fun! > > Christopher Molnar > molnarc@nebsllc.com > molnarc@aetna.co ** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/