List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: kfm-troubles
From:       "Andrew B. Arthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       1999-11-30 0:36:07

>From: ameier <ameier@ifi.unizh.ch>

> I use kde environment.

I also do. Version 1.1.2, if you don't have it, you should consider getting
it -- it's a great improvement over the 1.1.1 that shipped with LinuxPPC
1999 :)

> But I can't start a kfm-window. It always quites
> with segmentation fault.

> If kfm doesn't work, I can't start an application from the menuebar. Any
> hints are appriciated.

My guess is you have bad X Server authentication. This is most likely caused
by files left from a crash or somehow corrupted in ~/.xauth directory. That
directory keeps track of which of your clients (aka X Windows programs) are
running and have permission to access X. Delete them, restart your X Server
and see if that helps.

Remember that ~/ = your home directory.

Thanks,

Andrew B. Arthur       |http://members.global2000.net/~arthur99