List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Compiling problems
From:       Ed McMan <EdMcMan () Yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-11-22 0:37:50

Ok guys.  Here's some questions for you:
a.When I try to compile php, I get an error about /usr/lib/crt1.o not
having main in it.
I talked to some people, and they said this is bad and to recompile your
development sutff.  So, I recompiled binutils (2.95), glibc (2.1.2), and
tried to compile gcc 2.95 (see below).  Gcc didn't work, so I got an
rpm.  None of this helped.  What exactly 'is' this problem, and how do I
fix it?

b.Never mind, I figured out the problem with gcc I believe.  I don't
think it will make a difference in compiling php though.

Thanks.
--