List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: ssh Mac Client?
From:       "R Shapiro" <reshapiro () mediaone ! net>
Date:       1999-10-31 12:12:28

> Problem is that you can't get the SSH hack anymore.  In fact you
> could only get it for a very short time.  That would be why use
> NiftyTelnet SSH (cough, cough, illeg cough, ally cough ;-) ).

 The NiftyTelnet and BetterTelnet patches are shell only, plus one of them
(I forget which) has a simple scp. There are two other options, one free and
one commercial.  Both are almost complete ssh clients, with port-forwarding,
X forwarding, RSA, all the standard encruption and encoding options etc.
All they're missing is scp (at least I think they are).

The freeware one is mindterm, completely written in java, and thus platform
independent.  I've run it in MacOS, linux, solaris, and Windows.  On the Mac
you need a recent MRJ and you need the MRJ-SDK tools (JBindery in
particular) to run it.  Download mindterm from

 http://www.mindbright.se/mindterm/

The commercial option is from DataFellows, http://www.datafellows.com/

--
rshapiro@bbn.com