List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: 2 questions
From:       Lucien Peter <loopo.lists () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-10-30 22:06:26

Hi there,

Because I am a beginner, I dont know to much, but I know that there is a
problem withg LinuxPPC and PPP Connections over ttySx. I success when I take
cuax instead, I use kppp. Gnome PPP nor KPPP doesnt work with ttySx, and Im
not the only one with this prob, seems to be common, perhaps there is a good
fix, but I dont know, at least with cua it works fine too.

Me too I have problems with CD and floppy, perhaps the problem is that I use
hfs formatted floppies? Isnt it possible to format them to ext2 or something (I
mean which tool allows it, I tried pdisk, of course not working, and the KDE
Floppy formatter. I get the same msgs as you. In fstab it is setted to "noauto 0
0". Ok, I havent done much effort until today with it... But if someone could
tell me if there is a problem usually formatting HFS floppies to etx2, it would
show me where to go.

Thanx

 Lucien

 >  > 2. > PPP
connection: I have used the netcfg command, and added a ppp connection, > used
pap authentication with my username and password; then used the > modemtool
command, where I select \"ttyS0 Com1: under MS-DOS\"; then > usernet. When I
try to connect, the modem dials, then seems to connect, but > hangs up after
several seconds.  What am I missing?

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/