List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: Enlightenment Themes
From:       "Andrew B. Arthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       1999-08-04 15:56:18

> Hi!
>
> You will have probably noticed that all e-themes com in a format
> *.etheme (for this e-mail I will use the e-them LCARS so the downloaded
> file will be called lcars.etheme). These *.ethem files are actually
> tarballs (takes some hunting to figure that one out).

Doesn't matter at all.

1) Pop .etheme files in /.enlightenment/themes (for one user) or
/usr/share/enlightenment/themes/ (for everybody's use)

2) Restart Enlightenment.

3) Select new theme. Enjoy new theme. Simple as that.

> Anyway, to install
> a them called lcars.etheme or whatever you must do the following:

<sarcasm> Congratulations, you have told us one of most complex and disk
space wasting methods of installing a E.theme </sarcasm>

Seriously, Enlightenment DR-0.15 is smart enough to support .ethemes in the
.ethemes (tarball like) format, which is basically a simple tarball with a
few changes. So don't even bother to untar them, your just wasting time and
disk space.

> 1)in the directory /usr/share/enlightenment/themes (i think) make a
> directory called lcars :
>
>         mkdir /usr/share/enlightenment/themes/lcars
>
> 2) dump the file lcars.etheme in that directory ( mv lcars.etheme
> /usr/share/enlightenment/themes/lcars [providing you're in the directory
> where lcars.etheme is located])
>
> 3) go to that directory  ( cd /usr/share/enlightenment/themes/lcars )
>
> 4) do a tar -zxvf lcars.etheme
>
> 5) Then have a look what's in the directory ( ln -a )
>
> If you see loads of files and directories, that's it, you're done! Just
> select the theme in the e-control-panel.
> BUT, if all you see is one directory, move that directory to
> /usr/share/enlightenment/themes
>
> mv -V /usr/share/enlightenment/themes/lcars/<dir>
> /usr/share/enlightenment/themes (I think! I'm not quite sure about the
> command for moving directories. Just use the window manager)
> THEN you're done!
>
> Hope you understood my jumble!

Yes I do, I've installed .ethemes that way too, but after reading the
Official Enlightenment FAQ, I learned that, it is deprecated (and may not
work with future versions of Enlightenment) to install them that way.

>  Why does the graphical installer not install the gnome-network
> package and the e-conf package (and a lot of other useful ones too) ?

Version 1.0 of xli has some little issues with it, such as that. Most likely
the new version of xli (2.x) should fix that.

Thanks,

Andrew Arthur a.k.a. AArthur
arthur99@global2000.net
AIM: arthur998

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-user mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-user  if your ]]