List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: compiled x11amp
From:       "Andrew B. Arthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       1999-05-25 0:24:26

> Does anyone know where I can get a binary rpm of x11amp?
>
>     I tried to compile the source to no avail. I'm sure it needs the
> stuff in r5. I'm using xamp now, but it's pretty lame. x11amp looks like
> it has most of the features of the windows version.

x11amp will not run under R4 since it requires thread-safe Xlib, which as
far as I know is not available for any Glibc1.99 system such as R4.

x11amp is cool. However in the mean time try out Gqmpeg, alas it isn't as
nice as x11amp (no eq for example), but does work under R4 and looks nicely.

A R4 rpm for this is on Fred Bacon's machine...
ftp://bacon.ne.mediaone.com/pub/RedHat/RPMS/ppc

Of course it's also included with R5. ;-)

Thanks,

A_Arthur
arthur99@global2000.net

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-user mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-user  if your ]]