List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: New to this list
From:       Guillaume Laures <GoM () Taygeta ! gom ! dorm ! org ! cybercable ! fr>
Date:       1999-03-31 22:42:18

On 30 Mar, AArthur wrote:

>> I'm new to this list and quite new to Linux too.
>> I've successfully installed LinuxPPC Release 4 with kernel 2.1.24 on my
>> PowerMac 8600/250 (with 96 Megs of RAM)
>
> Sweet Machine.....

So sweet indeed ...
Mine hosts 6 scsi disks, the stock CD, a DAT and a cd-writer ! With
224MB of RAM, it's running 2.2.5 from vger.
I have some cosmetics under console since 2.2.0-pres(I even had a
global freeze with a green console, switching from X recently),
otherwise everything works perfectly.

BTW, can somebody report success using the raid-tools ? I was able to
format but not use Raid 1 nor 5.

To know : cdrecord works fine (CD-R is Panasonic 7502).

--
---
Guillaume Laurès laures@esiea.fr