List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: New kernel 2.2.X that boots on a 7200
From:       Limo <sls () adelphia ! net>
Date:       1999-02-21 5:19:38

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>Does anybody have a recent kernel (2.2.1 or is there a newer one yet)
>that will boot on a PowerMac 7200. I'm using BootX to boot, and I've got
>a kernel 2.1.127 that works. But any of the kernels after that won't boot.
>
>I just tried the new 2.2.1 kernel from samba. But that also won't work.
>I've thought that somebody posted a patch that would fix this problem,
>has this one already been added to the different source trees ? (vger -
>linus)
>
>So does anybody has a 2.2.1 kernel to download that works on a 7200 ?

Try building 2.2.1 with the enclosed patch. I am currently running 2.2.1 on a
7200/90.

>Thanx,
>Tim Verhoeven

>Tim Verhoeven
>GSM : 095 / 173 176                        Music Services
>                                                     Michel Stoffels
>tim.verhoeven@ping.be                           + Deejay-team
>dj@sin.khk.be                                   + Sound & Light Rentals
>                                                + P.A. services
>http://www.sin.khk.be/~dj/
>=== Member of Student Information Networking (http://www.sin.khk.be/) ===

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-user mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-user  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-user, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to linuxppc-user-request@lists.linuxppc.org ]]