List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    [linux-ppc] Virtual Consoles
From:       "Charles E. Leiserson, Jr." <locutus () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       1998-08-26 23:32:35

I'm having some trouble accessing the console while I'm in X.
I can switch VCs to the console and back, but instead of getting a login
prompt at the console, the screen is console-blue with a cursor at the upper
left. If I'm in runmode 3 (without xdm), I can switch between several consoles
at once, and all work fine.

Also, X seems to be running on VC 2. I thought it was supposed to run in VC
7... ???

I'm running a 7300/180 604e
Apple MultiScan 15av
all the newest rpms from ftp.linuxppc.org/devel/RedHat

Can someone give me a step-by-step instruction on how to fix this?
(I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I'm still hazy on compiling from source, and the
course in C/C++ isn't offered until next Spring term)

I also have a Kensington ThinkingMouse, so I don't mind getting rid of the
key-combos for emulating multiple buttons (how do you get rid of those things
anyways?).

Charles E. Leiserson, Jr.                       http://www.mit.edu/~locutus
Russian House President                         http://borg.mit.edu
471 Memorial Drive                              5 Wincrest Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139                             Winchester, MA 01890
MIT: (617) 225-7404                             Home: (781) 721-2810
locutus@mit.edu                                 LocutusMIT@aol.com
        Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences

[[ This message was sent via the linux-ppc mailing list. Replies are not ]]
[[ forced back to the list,  so be sure to Cc linux-ppc if your reply is ]]
[[ of general interest.  To unsubscribe from linux-ppc, send the message ]]
[[ 'unsubscribe' to linux-ppc-request@meetpoint.mcu.motsps.com.          ]]