List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    [linux-ppc] Thanks / module dependencies warning / mace timeout - resetting
From:       "L. Thomas Vest, Jr." <vest () scf-fs ! usc ! edu>
Date:       1998-08-24 0:31:56

Thanks to Daisuke Fukushima et al. for pointing me to a working installer.
Now that I've got v.4 up and running from cd, I find that I have the same
two problems that haunted me before, i.e.,

(1) kernel panic: etc/conf.modules is empty!
(2) mace transmit timeout - resetting: atalk won't work / can't access my
Mac volume.

I'm about to attempt suggested fixes for the conf.modules posted a week or
so ago (i.e., recompiling kernel under gcc 2.7 ala nneper.c@nwn.de c.
8/12/98, and/or writing in my own file per Stefaan Simoens' 8/10/98
posting). Any comments re: relative functionality/stability of these or
alternative fixes would be much appreciated.

Likewise, I'd be grateful for suggestions addressing the mace timeout
problem -- I have a very simple, non-networked setup, so I'm hoping this
won't be much of a challenge...

Thanks in advance,

Tom

L. Thomas Vest, Jr.
SMC Institute of Int'l Trade
Conflict Early Warning Systems
& USC School of Int'l Relations
vest@chaph.usc.edu
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~vest/
Fax (818) 349-2910

[[ This message was sent via the linux-ppc mailing list. Replies are not ]]
[[ forced back to the list,  so be sure to Cc linux-ppc if your reply is ]]
[[ of general interest.  To unsubscribe from linux-ppc, send the message ]]
[[ 'unsubscribe' to linux-ppc-request@meetpoint.mcu.motsps.com.          ]]