List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Can't download gpg key?
From:       m benson <f.four () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2019-05-21 15:42:22

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Reviving a necro-thread here but I found a solution to this issue, it
wasn't our firewall, it's a glitch with DNS resolving in GNUPG. This
issue has cropped up for multiple people across different distros.

Our Dell system is running an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 Server installation

Previously:

~# gpg --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-key
1285491434D8786F
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No such file or directory

The Fix:

Add the line:

standard-resolver

to ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf

then:

killall dirmngr

And after that:

~# gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-key 1285491434D8786F
gpg: key 1285491434D8786F: 5 signatures not checked due to missing keys
[... some stuff ...]
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

So that looks like it worked fine now, and the key imported and was
added to apt fine.

Yes, it did take me 4 months to get back to looking it up, the server's
about to hit production and I wanted to make sure the management tools
were onboard as part of the deployment prep.

--

Mark Benson (IT Manager)
Famous Four Products Ltd.

e-mail: f.four@btconnect.com