List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] RPM repo GPG key changed
From:       James Mathiesen <jmathiesen () tripadvisor ! com>
Date:       2018-06-29 13:07:42

Dell,

We also use Spacewalk and the limitation Jeff mentions will be a problem for us as \
well.

There is no customer benefit in using stronger keys and signature algorithms if Dell \
doesn't stop requiring trust in the weaker keys and signature algorithms. A complete \
transition would have been disruptive but at least be a one-time cost with a clear \
fix, clear benefits and a clear end-state. Using the existing 1024-bit key with a \
stronger signing algorithm would have been non-disruptive but provide lesser \
benefits.

If there is a commitment to improving customer security I don't see how this specific \
change was a useful intermediate step.  If there is no commitment to improving \
customer security this change was a waste of everybody's time.

james

On 6/28/18, 9:36 PM, "Linux-PowerEdge on behalf of Gottloeb, Jeff [US] (ES)" \