List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] 13th gen server stuck in cpu reset loop with new chips (PSU issue?)
From:       vincent () cojot ! name
Date:       2018-06-25 14:21:47

You guys are the best! Got an answer in 5 minutes.
Thanks to:
- Julien Lanni (Dell)
- Grzegorz Bakalarski

The Max TDP for cpus on T430 machines seem to be around 105W so no 145W
monsters.. I guess I'll have to look for a pair of E5-2660 v4 cpus..

Also, I had one more burning question: Why is it that in the online
documentation for the T430, the cpu sockets are symmetrical while on my
mobo it appears that the alignment notch for both sockets is pointing in
opposite directions? Do I have a 1st mobo?
Refs:
http://topics-cdn.dell.com/T430_OM/images/GUID-7B33217C-9E83-48FF-ADCE-74BCA37ACAF4-low.jpg

On the above graphic, both socket orientation triangles point to the
north-east of the chassis yet on my physical system, only socket0 does.
socket1 points to the south-west of the chassis when looked at from the
side.

Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering. STEP project. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,.
Linux Xview/OpenLook resources page _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'
http://step.polymtl.ca/~coyote  _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._ coyote@NOSPAM4cojot.name

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost