List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] R720XD dead after IDRAC update trial
From:       Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy () ucar ! edu>
Date:       2016-04-08 16:38:50

Grzegorz,

I've had a motherboard replacement needed due to iDRAC updates before.
It's pretty frustrating.

The only "emergency" procedure you might try:

- disconnect power cords to PSUs
- press and HOLD the power button to "drain the Flea power" (i presume
this is a capacitor store residuals?)
   Hold for 30 seconds
- reconnect PSUs to power
- power on and enable CAPS LOCK, SCROLL LOCK and NUM LOCK (may not be
able to do immediately)
  This *MAY* require you get into the BIOS "Setup" menu (<F2>) (which
you indicate seems unlikely)
- Press <ALT><E> , <ALT><F>, <ALT><B>
  I can only imagine this stands for "Emergency F*ing Boot"

If you are lucky, then the system will be reset.  If not, you might
want to give up and have the Motherboard replaced (sigh)

Ref:
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3464.troubleshooting-idrac6-issues

Good Luck,
--stephen

--
Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy@ucar.edu        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/