List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Setting up Dell OpenManage Repository via	bootstrap.cgi isn't working due pyth
From:       "Stefan M. Radman" <smr () kmi ! com>
Date:       2014-10-21 16:42:31

Dell’s own website lists RHEL 7 as a supported operating system. We have PowerEdge \
720xd servers that are supposed to be certified for use with RHEL7 according to: \
http://linux.dell.com/files/supportmatrix/RHEL_Support_Matrix.pdf

So you should get RHEL 7 running and supported by Dell with Red Hat’s drivers.

How is it we cannot get OMSA or driver/firmware packages for this OS?

OMSA No.
Drivers from Red Hat
Firmware through Lifecycle Controller

Is there an official statement by Dell about this somewhere?

There you go:

Dell OpenManage Server Administrator
http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/Enterprise-Tools/OMSA
 Dell Systems Management - OpenManage Software Support Matrix (in English)
http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt_opnmng_sw/dell-opnmang-sw-v7.4_Reference%20Guide5_en-us.pdf
 Page 18, Supported Dell OpenManage Systems Management Software on Linux Operating \
Systems Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 (64-bit)

It does not explicitly mention RHEL7 so it’s not supported.

Stefan

Dell’s own website lists RHEL 7 as a supported operating system. We have PowerEdge \
720xd servers that are supposed to be certified for use with RHEL7 according to: \
http://linux.dell.com/files/supportmatrix/RHEL_Support_Matrix.pdf

How is it we cannot get OMSA or driver/firmware packages for this OS?

Is there an official statement by Dell about this somewhere?

Thanks,

Markus
On Oct 21, 2014, at 1:20 AM, Rathish_Das@DELL.com<mailto:Rathish_Das@DELL.com> wrote:

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hi Johannes,
> From your debug message(http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/mirrors.cgi/osname=el7&basearch=x86_64&native=1&getrpm=dell-omsa-repository) \
> it looks like you are running the YUM repository in
CentOS 7.  In the latest repo we are not supporting Rhel 7 or corresponding CentOS 7 \
and bootstrap fails for these unsupported OSes. For supported OS information please  \
refer tohttp://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/omsa.html#Supported_Operating_Systems

Thanks,
Rathish

Markus A. Iturriaga Woelfel, IT Administrator
University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Building, Suite 424 / 1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-2250
miturria@eecs.utk.edu<mailto:miturria@eecs.utk.edu> / (865) 974-3837
http://twitter.com/UTKEECSIT