List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    dkms v2.0.19
From:       Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch () dell ! com>
Date:       2008-03-25 15:28:27

DKMS 2.0.19 is out.  For those watching closely, v2.0.18 was out for a
few minutes, I found an RPM spec file bug I really wanted to fix, so I
did and now here's v2.0.19.  I'm thankful that integers are infinite.

The big improvement here is that Fedora rawhide (will be Fedora 9) now
includes rpm hooks, similar to Ubuntu's triggers, to invoke the DKMS
autoinstaller at the end of an RPM transaction when a new kernel is
installed.  This means we don't have to wait for a reboot to invoke
the dkms_autoinstaller - it is now invoked right after a new kernel is
installed, so can rebuild drivers immediately and include them in the
initial ramdisk.

In addition, the mkrpm command now tells you what failed when it
fails, to ease debugging of your spec files.

I've built this for Fedora rawhide, and will build it for F7 and F8
shortly.  Watch for it in the updates-testing repositories.

For Ubuntu Hardy, I've missed the deadline for including this version.
But that's OK, Hardy has 2.0.17.6.  There is only one change here
relevant to Hardy: with 2.0.17.6 and earlier you should invoke the
mkdeb command as:
  LANG=C dkms mkdeb ...
to avoid the wrong date string getting put in your debian/changelog file.

shortlog:
Matt Domsch (15):
      don't include dist/ in tarball
      add Vcs-git: to debian/control
      add debian/changelog entries from Scott James Remnant's changes in Ubuntu
      debian/control: Standards-Version: 3.7.3
      debian/rules: remove binary-arch, use binary-indep
      debian/rules: put back binary-arch as noop
      update debian/changelog
      use 'date -R' in mkdeb creating debian/changelog
      use /etc/kernel/{prerm,postinst}.d/dkms in RPMs now too
      mkrpm: display rpmbuild log on error, write RPMs to $dkms_tree/$module/$module_version/rpm
      clarify license in spec to GPLv2+
      /etc/kernel/*/dkms files aren't configs
      v2.0.18
      fix dkms.spec file/dir ownerships yet again
      v2.0.19

diffstat:
 Makefile                          |   17 +++++++++--------
 dkms                              |   20 ++++++++++++++++----
 dkms.spec                         |   29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 kernel_postinst.d_dkms            |    9 +++++++++
 kernel_prerm.d_dkms               |   16 ++++++++++++++++
 pkg/debian/changelog.in           |   35 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 pkg/debian/control                |    3 ++-
 pkg/debian/kernel_postinst.d_dkms |    9 ---------
 pkg/debian/kernel_prerm.d_dkms    |   16 ----------------
 pkg/debian/rules                  |    9 ++++-----
 create mode 100755 kernel_postinst.d_dkms
 create mode 100755 kernel_prerm.d_dkms
 delete mode 100755 pkg/debian/kernel_postinst.d_dkms
 delete mode 100755 pkg/debian/kernel_prerm.d_dkms

git:     http://linux.dell.com/git/dkms.git/
tarball: http://linux.dell.com/dkms/permalink/dkms-2.0.19.tar.gz
         http://linux.dell.com/dkms/permalink/dkms-2.0.19.tar.gz.sign
RPMs:    http://linux.dell.com/dkms/permalink/dkms-2.0.19-1.noarch.rpm