List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Re: Upgrading to OMSA 5.20 from Dell repo ?
From:       Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown () dell ! com>
Date:       2007-05-29 21:46:41

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:53:27AM -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:59:10PM +0200, Florent Gilain wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have few PE1850 servers running OMSA 5.10 under RHEL3ES on which i'd like
> > to upgrade to latest OMSA (5.20).
>
> There is no copy of OMSA 5.2 in the yum repositories for RHEL _3_
> because OMSA 5.2 is officially unsupported on RHEL 3. Thus, I have
> frozen the version of OMSA in the yum repositories at version 5.1 for
> all versions of RHEL3.

To expand upon this, you are likely to run into problems sooner or later
by upgrading past the last supported version. This is why I am moving to
the hardware repos concept. This lets me granularly-control the versions
of everything across both system models and os versions. Version 5.2
*might* work ok on RHEL3, but that doesnt guarantee that 5.3 will.
--
Michael