List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: PowerVault MD 1000 controller
From:       "Christopher McCrory" <chrismcc () pricegrabber ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 19:14:10

Hello...

On Tue, October 31, 2006 9:41 am, Patrick_Boyd@dell.com wrote:
> The MD1000 has only been certified with the PERC 5/E card. Any other
> card may or may not work.

So you are saying that I need to get a replacement PCI riser , to use the
PERC 5/E card with HW raid ( where I prefer SW raid), and get replacement
PCI-E FC cards to connect up to the Dell/EMC array on the same server.
All because the MD1000 SAS enclosure is not really a true SAS device?

Christopher McCrory

chrismcc@pricegrabber.com
 http://www.pricegrabber.com