List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    Help Dell Newbie Setup OMSA
From:       "Jim" <jkipp5 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-08-31 23:21:38

Hi
I am not new to linux, but new to Dell Hardware.  The amount of software and
documentation for Dell Systems Management is a bit overwhelming. I have read
through some of the docs, but I need help

1) I am trying to manage all of my Dell Linux servers from a central
console. I am looking for suggestions on how to set it up. Do I have to us
the IT Assistant Windows program?  Unfortunately, I also don't know much
about SNMP which seems to prevelant in the docs.  I would appreciate if
somebody could point me in the right direction or the docs I should be
reading

2) I have the OMSA suite installed on a PowerEdge 2650. However when I go to
setup RAC, the docs refers to the 'Remote Access object' under the 'Main
System Chassis' tree. But it is not there. I have installed the entire
OMI-SrvAdmin suite which included the RAC services and ps does show the rac
services running.

Thanks for any help,

Jim